Tea can be enjoyed on nearly every occasion, but perhaps one of the best times to unwind with your favorite cup is when you get a chance to pair it with a nice dessert. With summer quickly approaching, let's take a look at some of the small treats out there that you can prepare easily at home.
While frequently enjoyed with coffee, madeleines can make an excellent petite treat to enjoy with tea. Epicurious provides a really clean recipe for Lavender Honey Madeleines. By purchasing a madeleine pan and using a small amount of lavender honey in the recipe, you too can make `this wonderful dessert.
Lavender is a flavor that pairs really well with black tea, which would make this the perfect morning snack...after breakfast of course! Try one of the following:
Dixie Crystals has a wonderful recipe for Almond Shortbread Tea Cookies. These cookies are quick, easy, and delicious. With flavors of almond, vanilla, and a little sugary sweetness, they are an excellent complement to complex teas. Try one of the following for the ultimate afternoon lunch break:
Image Source: Tea Time Magazine
Tea Time Magazine has posted a mouth-watering recipe for these gorgeous Blueberry Basil Tartlets. Using fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt, honey, and a touch of basil, these guilt-free treats are the answer to your lazy Sundays. Try them out with one of the following teas:
These are just a few ideas on how to pair some teas with sweet treats. We'll be sure to look at more recipes throughout the year, and we'll certainly suggest some teas to pair with them
Leave a comment
May 25, 2017
- Previous Articles
- “Three Thousand Weak Waters, Only One Scoop” – Introducing Yixing Teapot Shi Piao (石瓢)
- A Perfect Circle: Tasting the 2013 Fuding White Peony Natural Beauty Cake
- The Joy of Tasting a Pu'erh: Lao Man'E Ancient Tree, Sheng
- Enjoying the Process: The Four Stages of Pu’erh Tea Tasting
- The Hidden Price of Tea: How Trump’s Tariffs Could Cost You Your Cup
- Caffeine and Your Tea: Myths and Misconceptions
- Green Tea Steeping FAQ: How Long You Should Brew, Resteeping, Water Quality and More
- Why is West Lake Dragonwell Green Tea More Expensive Than Other Dragonwells? Long Jing and The Hidden Factors of Tea Pricing
- Beyond the Tea Sourcing Trips – Why Terroir Matters, An Interview with Victoria Wu (Part 2)
- Beyond the Tea Sourcing Trips – An Interview with Victoria Wu (Part1)
- Wuyi Rou Gui: What’s the Difference between Shui Lian Dong and Ma Tou Yan?
- Meet Fo Shou Zhen Yancha, a Buddha’s Hand Wuyi Rock Oolong
- How to Season a Yixing Teapot
- How to Drink Tea from a Gaiwan
- What’s Right for You, the Gaiwan or the Teapot?
- Choosing the Right Utensils: The Gaiwan
- A Brief History of the World’s Oldest Tea: White Tea
- The Complete Guide to Iced Tea, Pt. II: Cold Brewing
- The Complete Guide to Iced Tea, Pt. I: Flash Chilling
- What Makes for a Good Green Tea?
- Why Tea Lovers Look Forward to the Tea Harvest
- Meet the Legendary “Mother of All Teas”
- A Brief Guide to Steeping Loose Leaf Teas
- Understanding Pu’erh and Appreciating the Importance of Terroir
- What is Gan Pu Tea and Why Should You Be Drinking It?
- What is Teng Tiao Cha (“Rattan” or “Vine” Tea), and What Makes It So Unique?
- Pu’erh You Should Know: A Brief Introduction to Mengku Pu’erh
- Tea Tasting Guide: How to Taste and Appreciate Wuyi Rock Oolongs
- Bai Ji Guan: One of the Four Famous Wuyi Rock Oolongs and Why You’ve Never Heard Of It
- Pu’erh Tea Benefits: What You Need to Know about the Next Big Superfood
- A Brief History of Tea: How Curiosity Accidentally Created the Drink that Conquered the World
- Should You Use Bottled Water or Tap Water for Your Tea? It’s Complicated.
- The Difference between Sheng Pu-Erh and Shu Pu-Erh
- Family, Friends, and Community: The Importance of the Chinese Lunar New Year and What it Means for You
- How Can You Get the Most Out of your Pu-erh?
- What Makes Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea So Unique?
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Teacup Shapes
- Pairing Your Tea and Teaware, A Regional Approach
- What You Need to Know about Anxi Tieguanyin
- Four Reasons We Love Yixing Teapots
- Say Hello to Jian Shui Zi Tao Purple Clay Teapots!
- Meet the Intoxicating, Enchanting Long Yuan Mark, a Fire-Roasted Puerh
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. II (Teaware)
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. I (Teas)
- Recipe: Move Over Coffee, the Eggnog Tea Latté has Arrived
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. II: Wuyi Rou Gui Rock Oolong
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. I: Long Jing Dragonwell
- What is Lapsang Tea? Just the Best Tea You can Drink in the Fall Season!
- Do You Really Need to Preheat Your Mug or Teapot?
- Are You Waiting Too Long to Resteep your Tea?