The Fundamentals of Tea Class and A Flight of World Class Tea Tasting
Come join us for a great learning session exploring the world of fine Chinese tea; the six classes of tea, heir true origins and terroirs, the craftsmanship involved in the making of fine teas, brewing techniques and health benefits. Compare and taste a flight of six types of tea, all high quality and world class teas. This class will surely build a foundation of tea knowledge and guide you past the many, often misconceived notions about tea. An incredible knowledge-packed tea education and sensory experience you will enjoy.
This class is conducted by Victoria Wu, founder of Meimei Fine Teas, a tea lover and expert. She has traveled extensively in China's legendary and mysterious tea mountains, learning all about tea first hand from growers and tea masters and also through her studies of Chinese tea at various institutions throughout China.
- An introduction to the tea plant, Camellia Sinensis.
- How each tea is defined and their processing method.
- The characteristics and flavor profiles of the six classes of tea.
- Tasting a flight of six classes of the world's finest teas, of rare quality and authenticity you will not find anywhere else.
- Tea pairings with holiday cookies.
- Hands on Gongfu brewing - how to brew a perfect cup of tea with a gaiwan.
- Medicinal properties – Fact or fiction?
- Which tea is best for me?
- Special tea gift pack
Date: Friday, Dec. 22nd, 4-5:30pm, 2023.
Address: 3957 Pender Drive, Suite 104, Fairfax, VA 22030