Each year, the Global Tea Championship features a diverse and large number of entrants representing a handful of categories. This year’s tasting competition took place in Boulder, Colorado on March 24th. Over 147 teas were represented from seven different countries.
During this competition, judges are presented with unidentified teas in one of 27 categories, blindly tasting each and scoring them based on the quality of the leaves, the appearance of the liquor, and the excellence of aroma and flavor. In order to receive any kind of distinction, a tea is not simply judged against other teas but must receive a minimum number of points based on these criteria.
Because of the difficulty in receiving any kind of distinction in these competitions, it is with great honor and pride to announce that MeiMei Fine Teas has received a silver medal in this year’s Global Tea Championship. When sourcing our teas, we knew that we had a special one in our Fuding King Jasmine Green Tea, and we are delighted to discover that critics feel the same way.
This jasmine tea is produced from the finest tea buds that are carefully scented five times by the tea master. When tasting a jasmine tea, we always look for a delicate balance between the comforting flavor of a good green tea and the soothing aroma of jasmine, taking care to ensure that neither the jasmine nor the green tea are too weak or too strong. In this year’s King Jasmine, we found precisely that, a perfect harmony.
To order our King Jasmine and learn more about a high-quality, critically acclaimed jasmine tea, please visit our website (https://www.meimeitea.com/products/buy-fujian-jasmine-green-tea-loose-leaf-online) where it can be purchased in 50g increments.
Leave a comment
April 05, 2018
- This Month
- Previous Articles
- The Colors of Our Teas – A Quick and Friendly Guide to Tea Types
- A Tea Unto Itself – Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong Tea
- A Cup of Tea for Healthy Eyes?
- Why Drinking Tea is the Perfect Way to Kick Off 2018
- A Year in Review
- That One Tea Steeping Trick : Leaf Agitation
- Make Your Tea Instantly Better – The Art of Pouring
- These Three Benefits of Black Tea Make it the Perfect Winter Life Hack
- Homemade Tea-Infused Shortbread Cookies, the perfect tea treat for your holidays
- Thanksgiving's Blessings and Nature's Great Gift
- The Perfect Tea Gift Guide: Eight Exceptional Gift Ideas for the Tea Lover in Your Life
- The Truth about Pesticides and Tea
- Five Must Have Pu’erh Teas for the Collector
- Ranking the Top Three Teas to Help Keep you Warm
- How to Measure Your Loose Leaf Tea
- Tea Spotlight: Award Winning Floral Shui Xian Oolong Tea
- MeiMei Fine Teas in Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort
- What’s So Special about Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong?
- How to Make the Switch from Coffee to Tea
- What is Purple Tea?
- Ancient Advice: A Guide to Grandpa Style Tea
- The Secret to a Good Cup of Tea
- 3 Fun Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Pu’erh Tea
- What Is Pu’erh Tea and Why Is It So Captivating? (Part II)
- What Is Pu’erh Tea and Why Is It So Captivating? (Part I)
- The History of Tea Bags
- The World of Natural Flavored and Scented Teas
- Flavored and Scented Teas - What You Need to Know
- New Harvest Spring White and Black Teas
- What’s New? A Glance at New Harvest Spring Green Teas
- The Importance of Sustainability in Tea Farming
- The Importance of Ethically Sourced Tea
- What is Oxidation in Tea?
- The Truth about Long Jing Dragonwell Green Tea
- Celebrate Summer: How to Throw a Tea Party
- Some Ideas to Pair Your Favorite Food with Tea
- Why Jasmine Tea is Perfect for Relaxation
- Victoria's Tea Travels (2017) - Chaozhou City