Each year, the Global Tea Championship features a diverse and large number of entrants representing a handful of categories. This year’s tasting competition took place in Boulder, Colorado on March 24th. Over 147 teas were represented from seven different countries.
During this competition, judges are presented with unidentified teas in one of 27 categories, blindly tasting each and scoring them based on the quality of the leaves, the appearance of the liquor, and the excellence of aroma and flavor. In order to receive any kind of distinction, a tea is not simply judged against other teas but must receive a minimum number of points based on these criteria.
Because of the difficulty in receiving any kind of distinction in these competitions, it is with great honor and pride to announce that MeiMei Fine Teas has received a silver medal in this year’s Global Tea Championship. When sourcing our teas, we knew that we had a special one in our Fuding King Jasmine Green Tea, and we are delighted to discover that critics feel the same way.
This jasmine tea is produced from the finest tea buds that are carefully scented five times by the tea master. When tasting a jasmine tea, we always look for a delicate balance between the comforting flavor of a good green tea and the soothing aroma of jasmine, taking care to ensure that neither the jasmine nor the green tea are too weak or too strong. In this year’s King Jasmine, we found precisely that, a perfect harmony.
To order our King Jasmine and learn more about a high-quality, critically acclaimed jasmine tea, please visit our website (https://www.meimeitea.com/products/buy-fujian-jasmine-green-tea-loose-leaf-online) where it can be purchased in 50g increments.
Leave a comment
April 05, 2018
- Previous Articles
- “Three Thousand Weak Waters, Only One Scoop” – Introducing Yixing Teapot Shi Piao (石瓢)
- A Perfect Circle: Tasting the 2013 Fuding White Peony Natural Beauty Cake
- The Joy of Tasting a Pu'erh: Lao Man'E Ancient Tree, Sheng
- Enjoying the Process: The Four Stages of Pu’erh Tea Tasting
- The Hidden Price of Tea: How Trump’s Tariffs Could Cost You Your Cup
- Caffeine and Your Tea: Myths and Misconceptions
- Green Tea Steeping FAQ: How Long You Should Brew, Resteeping, Water Quality and More
- Why is West Lake Dragonwell Green Tea More Expensive Than Other Dragonwells? Long Jing and The Hidden Factors of Tea Pricing
- Beyond the Tea Sourcing Trips – Why Terroir Matters, An Interview with Victoria Wu (Part 2)
- Beyond the Tea Sourcing Trips – An Interview with Victoria Wu (Part1)
- Wuyi Rou Gui: What’s the Difference between Shui Lian Dong and Ma Tou Yan?
- Meet Fo Shou Zhen Yancha, a Buddha’s Hand Wuyi Rock Oolong
- How to Season a Yixing Teapot
- How to Drink Tea from a Gaiwan
- What’s Right for You, the Gaiwan or the Teapot?
- Choosing the Right Utensils: The Gaiwan
- A Brief History of the World’s Oldest Tea: White Tea
- The Complete Guide to Iced Tea, Pt. II: Cold Brewing
- The Complete Guide to Iced Tea, Pt. I: Flash Chilling
- What Makes for a Good Green Tea?
- Why Tea Lovers Look Forward to the Tea Harvest
- Meet the Legendary “Mother of All Teas”
- A Brief Guide to Steeping Loose Leaf Teas
- Understanding Pu’erh and Appreciating the Importance of Terroir
- What is Gan Pu Tea and Why Should You Be Drinking It?
- What is Teng Tiao Cha (“Rattan” or “Vine” Tea), and What Makes It So Unique?
- Pu’erh You Should Know: A Brief Introduction to Mengku Pu’erh
- Tea Tasting Guide: How to Taste and Appreciate Wuyi Rock Oolongs
- Bai Ji Guan: One of the Four Famous Wuyi Rock Oolongs and Why You’ve Never Heard Of It
- Pu’erh Tea Benefits: What You Need to Know about the Next Big Superfood
- A Brief History of Tea: How Curiosity Accidentally Created the Drink that Conquered the World
- Should You Use Bottled Water or Tap Water for Your Tea? It’s Complicated.
- The Difference between Sheng Pu-Erh and Shu Pu-Erh
- Family, Friends, and Community: The Importance of the Chinese Lunar New Year and What it Means for You
- How Can You Get the Most Out of your Pu-erh?
- What Makes Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea So Unique?
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Teacup Shapes
- Pairing Your Tea and Teaware, A Regional Approach
- What You Need to Know about Anxi Tieguanyin
- Four Reasons We Love Yixing Teapots
- Say Hello to Jian Shui Zi Tao Purple Clay Teapots!
- Meet the Intoxicating, Enchanting Long Yuan Mark, a Fire-Roasted Puerh
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. II (Teaware)
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. I (Teas)
- Recipe: Move Over Coffee, the Eggnog Tea Latté has Arrived
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. II: Wuyi Rou Gui Rock Oolong
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. I: Long Jing Dragonwell
- What is Lapsang Tea? Just the Best Tea You can Drink in the Fall Season!
- Do You Really Need to Preheat Your Mug or Teapot?
- Are You Waiting Too Long to Resteep your Tea?