Tea 201 Pu'erh Tea Fundamentals And Tasting Class
Explore and learn the fundamentals of Puerh tea, its unique production process, terroirs, aging properties, and health benefits. A comparison between the two subcategories: sheng (raw) and shu (ripened/cooked) puerh tea.
Maximum of 8 participants to ensure the best learning experience. Minimum of 4 participants to ensure sufficient interaction. Cookies and snacks will be provided.
- An introduction to puerh tea, its history, culture and terroir.
- Discussion of individual characteristics and taste profiles of puerh tea from the core producing regions of Menghai, Yiwu, Lingcang.
- How each category of puerh tea is made, its aging properties, and health claims.
- A focused tasting of four delicious sheng puerh and shu puerh teas, including teas from the most famous Bing Dao village, Yiwu mountain, Menghai.
- Hands-on learning of how to properly brew puerh tea gongfu style. Each participant will be supplied a tea tray and related utensils for practicing their newly found skills.
- How to select a quality puerh tea.
When: Sunday, August 13, 3:30-5:30pm
Where: Fairfax, VA. Further details will be sent to registrants only.