Tea 201 Pu'erh Tea Fundamentals and Tasting Class
Explore and learn the fundamentals of pu'erh tea, its origin, history, terroir, unique production process, aging properties, and health benefits. A comparison between the two subcategories, sheng (raw) and shu (ripened/cooked) pu'erh will be evaluated.
Maximum of 8 participants to ensure the best learning experience. Cookies and snacks will be provided. Includes a pack of tea samples.
- An introduction to pu'erh tea, its history, culture and terroir.
- Discussion of individual characteristics and taste profiles of pu'erh tea.
- Terroir - the core producing regions of pu'erh tea: Menghai, Yiwu, Lingcang.
- How each category of pu'erh tea is made and its aging properties.
- A flight of four sheng and shu pu'erh tea tasting.
- What is the health benefits?
- How to select a quality pu'erh tea.