Tea Fundamentals and Tasting, Work Shop At Northern Virginia
Join us for a great fun and learning session to explore the world of tea, from leaf to cup, six classes of tea, origins, history, health benefits, and hands-on. This class will surely build the fundation of your essential knowledge of tea and guide you past the many, often misconceived notions about tea. What is more, you get hands-on practice to learn how to brew a perfect cup of tea!
This class is conducted by Victoria, owner of Meimei Fine Teas. Victoria has traveled extensively in China's legendary and mysterious tea mountains, learning tea from growers and masters as well as studying Chinese tea culture at various institutions in China. She is passionate about tea and love to share her first hand experience and expertise with tea lovers.
Class is 2.5 hours in duration. Maxium 8 attendees in a small class enviorment and minimum four attendees required.
- An introduction to the tea plant, Camellia Sinensis
- The characteristics and tasting profile of each class of tea
- Tasting three classes of the world's finest teas. The rare high quality and authenticity you will not find anywhere else!
- Terroir, terroir, terroir
- Hands-on: each participant will have a tea tray and gaiwan to brew a tea
- Medicinal properties – Fact or fiction?
- Which tea is best for me?
When: Sunday 3-5:30pm, July 16, 2017
Where: Fairfax, VA 22030. Detail will be sent to registrants only.