Tea 101 Fundamentals and Tasting
Join us for a great fun and learning session to explore the world of tea, from leaf to cup, six classes of tea, origins, history, health benefits, and hands-on. This class will surely build the foundation of your essential knowledge of tea and guide you past the many, often misconceived notions about tea.
This class is conducted by Victoria, who has traveled extensively in China's legendary and mysterious tea mountains, learning tea from growers and masters as well as studying Chinese tea culture at various institutions in China. She is passionate about tea and love to share her first hand experience and expertise with tea lovers.
Class is 2 hours in duration. Maxium 8 attendees in a small class environment and minimum four attendees required.
- An introduction to the tea plant, Camellia Sinensis
- A brief survey of tea and Chinese tea culture
- The characteristics and flavor profile of the six classes of tea
- Tasting a flight of four world's finest teas. The rare high quality and authenticity you will not find anywhere else!
- Terroir, terroir, terroir
- How to brew a perfect cup of tea?
- Medicinal properties – Fact or fiction?
- Which tea is best for me?
When: Sunday 3:30-5:30pm, September 17, 2017
Where: Fairfax, VA 22030. Detail will be sent to registrants only.