Tea 202: Oolong Tea Fundamentals And Tasting, Hands-on
Explore the wonderful world of Chinese oolong tea, its history, special process, varietals, terriors, tasting profiles, and health benefits. Comparison and tasting of the four categories of oolong tea: Tie Guan Yin, Wuyi rock oolong, Phoenix Dan Cong oolong and Taiwan oolong tea.
This class is conducted by Victoria Wu, who is a tea expert and has traveled extensively to historical and modern pu'erh tea mountains of Yunnan, learning all about tea from growers and tea masters, and through her studies of Chinese tea at various institutions throughout China.
Class is 2.5 hours in duration in a small classroom environment. A simplified gongfu tea ceremony will be conducted. PowerPoint slides and many field photos and videos are presented. Maximum of 8 participants to ensure the best learning experience. Cookies and snacks will be provided.
- A brief introduction to oolong tea, its history, culture and terroir
- Discuss individual characteristics and taste profiles of the four categories of oolong tea: Tie Guan Yin, Wuyi rock oolong, Phoenix Dan Cong oolong, Taiwan oolong.
- The importance of oolong tea processing
- Taste a flight of five world class oolongs of rare quality.
- The nuances of brewing oolong, hands-on
- How to evaluate a quality oolong tea
When: Sunday, June 30th, 2019, 3-5:30pm
Where: Fairfax, VA. Details will be sent to registrants only.