Signature Shi Feng Long Jing Dragon Well Green Tea
Shi Feng dragon well is regarded as the best of West Lake dragon well, the cream of the crop. The beautiful scenery and rich history of Shi Feng mountain, or "Lion’s Peak", in West Lake, Huang Zhou gives this tea a wonderful sensory experience as well as a romantic and spiritual appeal.
This tea is produced and signed by the nationally revered tea master Mr. Weng Bingquan, the founder of the trademark Shi Gong of Shi Feng Long Jing tea company. Hand-crafted and produced in pre-ming April, this is an authentic real dragon well tea in every respect, the best in its category. The nutty flavor is strong, but does not overpower your senses, rather it possesses a fragrant elegance along with sweet aftertaste, or huigan (回甘) in Chinese. There is little question that this tea is an exceptional treat for the discriminating connoisseur, and once you taste true dragon well, you will never forget it.
Origin: Shi Feng Mountain, Huangzhou, China
Varietal: Qunti zhong, traditional local varietal
Harvest: April 2, 2023
Plucking standard: One bud, one baby leaf
This is an excellent artisan crafted tea, nutty flavor, full bodied, very smooth with sweet aftertaste that lingers in your mouth and nose.
To get the most enjoyment out of the tea, we recommend to use a gaiwan or glass brewing vessel without an infuser. For the best tea tasting results, warm up the teaware first, then add the tea leaves, take in the aroma, then pour the hot water on the side wall of the teaware. Please see more specific step-by-step brewing instructions below:
1. Tea to water ratio: 2-3gram to 150ml/5-6oz water.
2. Water temperature: 185oF. Never, never use boiling water.
3. Water quality: Recommend to use spring water or filtered water. No tap water, purified or distilled water.
4. Brewing time: 3 steepings. Steep 1-2 minutes. If you use a gaiwan or porcelain teapot, please don’t cover your tea with the lid.
5. Lastly, please don’t forget to smell the aroma before drinking your tea. Aroma is always the first part of your sensory tea experience.