Not only is the 3,200 year-old puerh tree located in Fengqing, Yunnan, but it is where you can find other majestic and breath-taking sights as well.
In the second week of April, Victoria was on the way to see the next important stop, a 2,000 year-old puerh tea tree. On the way, Victoria witnessed a spectacular view of the mighty Lancang River!
The Lancang River (also known as the Mekong) is the 12th largest river in the world, snaking its way over 2,700 miles (4,350 km) through Tibet, China, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. It is an area rich with life of all kinds, its rich biodiversity rivaled only by the Amazon.
The roads on the way to see the 2,000 year old puerh tree are very narrow and rough. The cliffside was very steep on both sides of the road. In the photo, you can see how steep it rises upward but this same slope continued downward on the other side of the road as well! We were ascending over 2,000 meters to see the ancient trees!
This is the 2,000 year old puerh tree. Though the terrain was rugged and difficult at times, venturing out to discover such natural treasures is what makes these trips all the worthwhile.
At another angle, you can see how its branches twist and turn. It seems vibrant and healthy for its age (if only people could have such luck)! It stands out over everything else in the area, almost as if it were there to protect and watch over the rest of its arboreal neighbors.
And here's one more photo up-close, taking a look at the trunk of this beautiful tree. Healthy and true ancient gushu puerh tea trees should be large and lively, like this one. Its size is a testament to not only its age but its strength, its character, and its environment. If we're going to source gushu puerh, then these are the kinds of trees we need to find.
Leave a comment
May 01, 2017
- This Month
- Previous Articles
- Say Hello to Jian Shui Zi Tao Purple Clay Teapots!
- Meet the Intoxicating, Enchanting Long Yuan Mark, a Fire-Roasted Puerh
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. II (Teaware)
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. I (Teas)
- Recipe: Move Over Coffee, the Eggnog Tea Latté has Arrived
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. II: Wuyi Rou Gui Rock Oolong
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. I: Long Jing Dragonwell
- What is Lapsang Tea? Just the Best Tea You can Drink in the Fall Season!
- Do You Really Need to Preheat Your Mug or Teapot?
- Are You Waiting Too Long to Resteep your Tea?
- Essential Teaware Explained: Your Guide to Gaiwan and How to Use It, Pt. III
- Essential Teaware Explained: Your Guide to Gaiwan and How to Use It, Pt. II
- Essential Teaware Explained: Your Guide to Gaiwan, Pt. I (Background)
- Mooncakes and Tea: Why We Love the Mid-autumn Moon Festival (and So Should You!)
- What You Need to Know About Commercial Grade Tea
- If Your Tea Doesn’t Taste Right, You May Be Making One of the Most Common Mistakes
- How to Make the Perfect Cup of Tea? Remember: WWTT
- What You Need to Make Pu Erh Tea Like a Pro
- What Makes for a Good Pu Erh Tea? Three Things You Should Know
- How to Store Pu Erh (And What to do about Aging It)
- What Is Pu'Erh Tea and What Does It Taste Like?
- What Goes Into a Good Jasmine Tea?
- A Look at Yellow Mountain, Home to Huangshan Mao Feng Green Tea
- An Ode to Tea Horse Road: Why Nobody Should Forget This Ancient Trading Route
- The Story of Keemun Black Tea: How the World’s Most Famous Black Tea Came to Be
- What is Gong Fu Style Tea and Why is it Special?
- Lu An Gua Pian is a Green Tea Like No Other
- A Steamed Chinese Green Tea? Meet Enshi Yu Lu
- A Hidden Treasure in Plain Sight: The Allure of Anji Bai Cha
- What Is Pre-ming and Pre-rain? Chinese Spring Harvest Tea Terms
- The Wonderful World of Wuyi Oolong Rock Teas
- Your Guide to Ultimate Iced Tea - Cold Brew Pomelo Flower Dan Cong Oolong
- The Legend of Long Jing Dragonwell
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with the Right Cup of Tea
- Two Tips for the Perfect Cup of Tea in the Spring
- Three Tea Life Hacks You’ll Wish You Started Doing Yesterday
- The Secret of Pu-erh Tea: Metamorphosis
- A Beginner’s Guide to Purchasing Loose Leaf Tea
- MeiMei Fine Teas is Awarded a Silver Medal in 2018 Global Tea Championship