So, why should you choose to buy from MeiMei Fine Teas? What sets us apart? Well, more and more businesses are selling tea these days, many of which are doing a great job. While most are focusing on a wide variety of teas and featuring fruity blends and herbals, we have chosen to refine our focus on what we consider to be "real" tea; time-tested varieties from their original sources, many still being produced using hand-crafted methods that no automated manufacturing process can replicate. Yes, you can buy some of these varieties from other vendors, but we are very confident that you will find ours to be of a significantly higher quality, providing you with not only the best flavor, but lasting flavor that can be enjoyed over several steepings.
How do we do this? Tea with the best attributes are grown in their traditional terroirs. We hand-select the majority of our tea from their original historical origins and focus solely on higher grades. For example, teas that contain more buds will typically possess better brewing attributes, including a stronger aroma, a long-lasting flavor through multiple steepings, and much less vulnerability to bitterness. If you prefer the taste of a great tea instead of a lower quality tea whose flavor is covered with fruity or herbal additives, then I would highly recommend that you give MeiMei Fine Teas a try.
At MeiMei Fine Teas, we also believe that the tea-drinking experience involves much more than just the quality of the tea leaf, which is why we strive to inform, educate, and bring awareness to the proper assessment of tea, of brewing techniques, and of tea wares that will bring out the best in your tea as well as bring artistic beauty to your tea experience. Though our current focus is mainly on the finest traditional Chinese teas, we will soon be adding more fantastic high quality tea selections from other famous historical tea growing regions. We invite you to grow with us.
Leave a comment
September 26, 2015
- Previous Articles
- “Three Thousand Weak Waters, Only One Scoop” – Introducing Yixing Teapot Shi Piao (石瓢)
- A Perfect Circle: Tasting the 2013 Fuding White Peony Natural Beauty Cake
- The Joy of Tasting a Pu'erh: Lao Man'E Ancient Tree, Sheng
- Enjoying the Process: The Four Stages of Pu’erh Tea Tasting
- The Hidden Price of Tea: How Trump’s Tariffs Could Cost You Your Cup
- Caffeine and Your Tea: Myths and Misconceptions
- Green Tea Steeping FAQ: How Long You Should Brew, Resteeping, Water Quality and More
- Why is West Lake Dragonwell Green Tea More Expensive Than Other Dragonwells? Long Jing and The Hidden Factors of Tea Pricing
- Beyond the Tea Sourcing Trips – Why Terroir Matters, An Interview with Victoria Wu (Part 2)
- Beyond the Tea Sourcing Trips – An Interview with Victoria Wu (Part1)
- Wuyi Rou Gui: What’s the Difference between Shui Lian Dong and Ma Tou Yan?
- Meet Fo Shou Zhen Yancha, a Buddha’s Hand Wuyi Rock Oolong
- How to Season a Yixing Teapot
- How to Drink Tea from a Gaiwan
- What’s Right for You, the Gaiwan or the Teapot?
- Choosing the Right Utensils: The Gaiwan
- A Brief History of the World’s Oldest Tea: White Tea
- The Complete Guide to Iced Tea, Pt. II: Cold Brewing
- The Complete Guide to Iced Tea, Pt. I: Flash Chilling
- What Makes for a Good Green Tea?
- Why Tea Lovers Look Forward to the Tea Harvest
- Meet the Legendary “Mother of All Teas”
- A Brief Guide to Steeping Loose Leaf Teas
- Understanding Pu’erh and Appreciating the Importance of Terroir
- What is Gan Pu Tea and Why Should You Be Drinking It?
- What is Teng Tiao Cha (“Rattan” or “Vine” Tea), and What Makes It So Unique?
- Pu’erh You Should Know: A Brief Introduction to Mengku Pu’erh
- Tea Tasting Guide: How to Taste and Appreciate Wuyi Rock Oolongs
- Bai Ji Guan: One of the Four Famous Wuyi Rock Oolongs and Why You’ve Never Heard Of It
- Pu’erh Tea Benefits: What You Need to Know about the Next Big Superfood
- A Brief History of Tea: How Curiosity Accidentally Created the Drink that Conquered the World
- Should You Use Bottled Water or Tap Water for Your Tea? It’s Complicated.
- The Difference between Sheng Pu-Erh and Shu Pu-Erh
- Family, Friends, and Community: The Importance of the Chinese Lunar New Year and What it Means for You
- How Can You Get the Most Out of your Pu-erh?
- What Makes Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea So Unique?
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Teacup Shapes
- Pairing Your Tea and Teaware, A Regional Approach
- What You Need to Know about Anxi Tieguanyin
- Four Reasons We Love Yixing Teapots
- Say Hello to Jian Shui Zi Tao Purple Clay Teapots!
- Meet the Intoxicating, Enchanting Long Yuan Mark, a Fire-Roasted Puerh
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. II (Teaware)
- The 2018 MeiMei Fine Teas Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide, Pt. I (Teas)
- Recipe: Move Over Coffee, the Eggnog Tea Latté has Arrived
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. II: Wuyi Rou Gui Rock Oolong
- A Look at the Latest Award-Winning Teas, pt. I: Long Jing Dragonwell
- What is Lapsang Tea? Just the Best Tea You can Drink in the Fall Season!
- Do You Really Need to Preheat Your Mug or Teapot?
- Are You Waiting Too Long to Resteep your Tea?